Monday 1 November 2010

Golden Girl Betty White supports gay marriage


Veteran actress Betty White says she supports gay marriage and doesn’t understand how people can oppose it so much.

The 88-year-old former star of Golden Girls and The Mary Tyler Moore Show said people should mind their own business.

She told Parade magazine: “I don’t care who anybody sleeps with. If a couple has been together all that time – and there are gay relationships that are more solid than some heterosexual ones – I think it’s fine if they want to get married.

“I don’t know how people can get so anti-something. Mind your own business, take care of your affairs, and don’t worry about other people so much.”

She also joked: “Gays love old ladies.”

The star added that she is definitely not a cougar, saying: “I’ve always liked older men. They’re just more attractive to me.

“Of course, at my age there aren’t that many left! I’ve enjoyed the opposite sex a lot. Always have. Always will.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment